Recipe by strawberryjane
I got this from my Sister-In-Law years ago...I don't get to make this as often as I'd like, it is time consuming, but the taste is wonderful....
Top Review by mommyof 3
I saw this recipe and it made my mouth water so I went and got the ingredients that I didn't have and went home and made it for dinner. It was wonderful! My whole family loved it. What a great recipe, this is a keeper! I think maybe next time will try it with a roast instead of the hamburger.
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 -2 lb hamburger meat
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package noodles (cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the bell peppers and onions in about 3 Tbsp.
- oil until onions and peppers are light brown.
- Add hamburger meat (bout a pound and a half) to peppers and onions, and cook until meat is browned.
- Drain off grease and add 2 cans (8oz.) tomato sauce,1 can corn and your Velveeta cheese (cubed).
- Season with salt and pepper,a little garlic salt and you can also add a little chili powder if desired.
- Pour this into 13by9by2 inch baking pan and add a 10 oz.
- package cooked noodles.
- Mix well and bake in 375 degree oven until cheese is melted.
- I can't recall how long it actually takes to bake this, seems around an hour or so, maybe longer-- It does make alot and I would suggest a huge bowl to mix it all in before you add it to your baking dish-- Cook the noodles very first thing.