Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
We just returned from Alaska and we were fortunate enough to take a float plane to the Taku Glacier Lodge in Juneau. Salmon is grilled over an open alderwood fire and basted with this recipe. Check out my other recipes from the Taku Glacier Lodge. Here is the link for the float plane trip to the Taku Glacier Lodge: www.wingsairways.com
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 8 (10 -12 ounce) salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and wine.
- Stir and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Place filets in a well greased grill basket; grill on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals (they used alderwood) for 4-6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Turn often, basting with each turn.