Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
We just returned from Alaska and we were fortunate enough to take a float plane to the Taku Glacier Lodge in Juneau. Salmon is grilled over an open alderwood fire and served with this recipe. Be creative with recipe and substitute any of the dried fruits for your favorites. Check out my other recipes from the Taku Glacier Lodge. Here is the link for the float plane trip to the Taku Glacier Lodge: www.wingsairways.com
- 2 cups dehydrated apples
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place all of the ingredients into a pot.
- Fill with water just so you can see the water level.
- Cook on low heat about 20-minutes.
- NOTE: May need to add more water if applies do not plump up enough.
- Serve hot or cold.