Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
We just returned from Alaska and we were fortunate enough to take a float plane to the Taku Glacier Lodge in Juneau. Salmon is grilled over an open alderwood fire and served with this recipe. Check out my other recipes from the Taku Glacier Lodge. Here is the link for the float plane trip to the Taku Glacier Lodge: www.wingsairways.com
Top Review by Sandra F.
My husband and I took an incredible flight seeing tour to Taku Glacier Lodge this past June. The entire trip was an experience we will never forget. The meal that was prepared for us was absolutely delicious! All you can eat Salmon bake! Included with our meal were these herb biscuits (of which I had two), were amazing! These was light, flakey, tasting treats of heaven in my mouth! They were served warm with butter and had such a wonderful taste. I was happy to discover the recipe here and hurried to whip up a batch. They did not disappoint! Although the feeling of the lodge with the crackling fire was missing, the same yummy taste was undeniable! Bake up a batch soon....or better yet...go visit Taku Lodge yourself!!
- 4 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup butter, very cold
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, very cold (be careful not to add to much water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place all ingredients except butter and water in a mixing bowl; cut butter into mix so pieces are no smaller than a peanut.
- Make a well and add cold water; work enough to make a slightly sticky dough.
- Place dough on floured board; fold, turn it over and fold again. Do this about 8 times. You may need to add a little flour between folds if the dough is to sticky.
- Pat into a square about 1-inch thick; cut into square biscuits or use a round biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve hot!