Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We just returned from Alaska and we were fortunate enough to take a float plane to the Taku Glacier Lodge in Juneau. Salmon is grilled over an open alderwood fire and served with this recipe for dessert. Check out my other recipes from the Taku Glacier Lodge. Here is the link for the float plane trip to the Taku Glacier Lodge: www.wingsairways.com
- Space oven racks evenly; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and molasses.
- Mix flour, baking soda, spices and salt; add to above, just until blended.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, form walnut sized dough and dip into raw sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet with sugar side up.
- Bake 10-12 minutes for softer cookies, longer for crispier cookies; cookies will crack on top.
- Excellent served warm!
This is it...an awesome ginger cookie recipe! I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet because I do love them so. Even my hus, who is not a ginger fan, loves this cookie. Do not skimp on the spices (even though it seems like a lot), they all work beautifully together. Just today I successfully used margarine in place of butter with great success (I am a true believer in the power of butter, but in this case I had to use what I had on hand). Thanks for sharing such a great recipe, naming it so I can send friends to food.com to find it easily, and I love your chef name...:)!
My family and I went to the Taku Lodge on a recent trip to Alaska. These cookies were AMAZING! I bought their cookbook for the sole reason this recipe was in it (had I known the recipe was online I still would have forked over the money for the cookbook). My recipe turned out EXACTLY like the one they served, I literally called my mom to tell her how good they were!
I haven't actually made these yet, but the shore excursion manager on my ship swiped some and brought them back to the ship so I can verify that they are fantastic!
::edit:: Well, I couldn't have the recipe and NOT make them for a party tonight. Subbed honey for molasses and ramped up the ginger and cinnamon. Fantastic!