Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
We just returned from Alaska and we were fortunate enough to take a float plane to the Taku Glacier Lodge in Juneau. Salmon is grilled over an open alderwood fire and served with this recipe. Check out my other recipes from the Taku Glacier Lodge. Here is the link for the float plane trip to the Taku Glacier Lodge: www.wingsairways.com
- 3 cups small white beans, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring beans to a boil as directed on the package; add all other ingredients except brown sugar.
- Boil beans approximately 1 hour or until tender, but not soft.
- Add brown sugar and enough water so beans are covered with at least 1-inch of liquid.
- Cover and bake at 220 degrees for at least 8 hours.
- Check periodically to be sure there is enough liquid; if dry, add a little water.