Recipe by Doraemon
usually served at street stands, but they can also be made at home. However, it will help if you have a takoyaki grill, or a similar device with 3-centimeter-diameter cups. Creditz: dk
- 100 g flour
- 1 egg
- 350 ml water
- 100 g boiled octopus (cut into 1cm square)
- 50 g cabbage (chopped)
- 10 g green onions (scallions chopped)
- 20 g fish scraps (tenkasu)
- takoyaki sauce or yakisoba sauce or okonomiyaki sauce
- ao nori (seaweed)
- dried bonito flakes
- mayonnaise (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm up iron plate and oil the surface.
- Put the batter into half of hole.
- Then put octopus and other fillings into the hole.
- Add the batter full.
- When batter on the edge of the molds become cooked, turn over takoyaki with pick.
- When batter browns turn over to form balls. Continue to heat while turning it over and over until balls become evenly browned and well cooked inside.
- Serve on plate, top with sauce, powdered dried bonito and aonori to taste desired.