Prep 10 mins
Cook 19 mins
Now you can recreate the taste of your favorite Asian takeout dish right in the comfort of your home. I have never tried lemon chicken before, but we enjoyed this. Compliments of Kraft.
- 14.79 ml oil
- 453.59 g boneless chicken strips
- 473.18 ml snow peas
- 1 small red pepper
- 85 g lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml kraft zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken cook until cooked through. Add snow peas and strips of red peppers cook approximately 2 minutes.
- Mix dry Jello powder and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add broth, dressing and garlic, stir until Jello powder is dissolved. Add to skillet Reduce heat to medium cook 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve over hot rice. I served with egg rolls.
- *You can also jazz it up with 1 1/2 tsp ginger.
This was really good. My husband does not like rice very well, so I just used some cooked pasta and it was still awsome! Thanks for posting a wonderful recipe!
I was a little skeptical of this recipe given the ingredients but it was soooo good. It really does taste like a sweet and sour chinese dish. The only changes I made was to use orange jello and I cooked my chicken breasts whole and then after they were cooked I cut into strips. Next time I will add more veggies and double the sauce. And there there will be a next time and a next time and a next time!
Like other reviewers, I really did enjoy! When tasted it, said, "OH BOY!" Quick, so easy to do, LOVE it was no fat and not gluggy like some lemon chicken can come out too!