1/1 Photo of Take-Out Umami Cauliflower Fried Rice
College Girl's Note:
I wanted the take out style fried rice. Umami = just add a little fish sauce. It doesn't taste fishy! I promise! It's not quite Paleo friendly with the soy and whatever but you can figure it out... I've made this several times and I'm continually tinkering with adding fried rice things... shrimp, pineapple, chicken, Chinese sausage, ham, green onions...... whatever. You could even add rice if you wanted to Volumetrics a serving of carbs or something.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break down cauliflower head into even sized chunks. Put cauliflower in food processor while its raw -- Pulse it until it looks like rice but not to the point where you have a puree thing or it's not rice --.
- 2Microwave riced cauliflower for 5 minutes so it steams and doesn't roast in the pan. The texture is closer to real rice.
- 3On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the onion, garlic, and opt crushed peppers. Stir fry until fragrant add carrot about 2 minutes later.
- 4Add peas and riced/steamed cauliflower. Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.
- 5Add fish and soy sauce and blend all together well. I usually just eye it. Stir fry until everything is well mixed and heated through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Take-Out Umami Cauliflower Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 1246.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g