Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was very impressed with this fried rice recipe. The flavour is wonderful, and it's so easy to make, why order take-out? I serve it with Lemon Chicken-Just Like Take out !.
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced ham or 1 cup pork
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup soya sauce
- In a large skillet heat the sesame oil.
- Add the celery, carrots, onions, and garlic stirring while cooking to tender crisp.
- Stir in the frozen peas and ham or pork, continue to stir and cook until vegetables have softened.
- Lower the heat and add the beaten egg, stirring until it is finely scrambled.
- Add the soya sauce, and rice, blend well.
- Splash a little more sesame oil over the rice if necessary.
Really good! Made it just like the recipe with ham....and used low sodium Soy sauce. Next time I'm gonna try it with mushrooms...thanks Chef Dee!
This was good, and it made a ton!
I wound up leaving out the celery, halving the carrots and onion, and we're vegan so I excluded the eggs as well and halved the soy sauce for health reasons--there was still a lot in the bottom of our skillet, so next time I may halve it again. I also used "asian style savory baked tofu" from 'zaar instead of ham/pork, and like other reviewers, I added a pinch of ground ginger. We'll be making this again, and closer to the original recipe, but next time I'll throw in some cornstarch (since we leave out the egg) and forget about the ginger.