Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple, delicious cake with a peanut butter frosting. Perfect for a child's birthday party.
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml cocoa
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 eggs
- 177.44 ml sour cream
Peanut Butter Chip Frosting
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml milk
- 283.49 g package peanut butter chips
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 by 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine water, butter, and cocoa. Cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils. Boil one miunte. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add eggs and sour cream; beat until blended. Add cocoa mixture; beat until just blended. Batter will be thin.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minute.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Peanut butter chip frosting:.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, milk and peanut butter chips. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- In small mixer bowl, place powdered sugar. Gradually add cip mixture, beating until well blended. Makes about 2 cups frosting.
- Then spread icing over the top of cooled cake.
Don't make this! I thought the ingredients looked a little off but made it anyway. It turned into a greasy disaster! I now found the same recipe on line and the ingredients say 1 3/4 cups flour not 3/4 cup flour as is shown on this recipe. Well, no time to bake another as my picnic is in an hour. I will have to pick up something at the grocery store.
My 2 favorite things in the whole world....chocolate and peanut butter. This cake is DELICIOUS and does transport well. I took it to church for a dinner and everyone LOVED it. Thanks for sharing!