Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great hot from the oven or served cold for a picnic. I got a little poultry cookbook almost 15 years ago and found this gem inside, which I've adapted to make it a bit easier and fewer calories. My kids think this is a 5 star entree. You can mix several batches of the coating up ahead of time and store it in your cupboard to make the main dish a breeze!
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken, cut into individual pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend cereal in blender until fairly well crushed.
- Add the next 7 ingredients.
- Blend to mix.
- Spray foil lined cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray (butter flavored is best). Spread chicken pieces on prepared cookie sheet. Spray chicken with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour blended coating into plastic or paper bag.
- Drop chicken pieces two at a time into coating and shake to coat. Place back onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until juices run clear.
This is a super easy recipe to make, and my whole family loved in, including my three and a half year old twins, they were licking the bones clean. I used italian seasoning instead of the other herbs, and used shredded cheese instead of grated. Great dish!