Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from a local Chinese restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles
- toasted sesame oil, to taste
- 6 cups vegetables or 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red fresno chile, sliced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh extra firm tofu, chopped into long strips
- 3 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained and chopped into long strips
- 4 cups napa cabbage, chopped into 1/2-inch strips and white and green parts separated
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons black vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 scallions, green part only and thinly sliced (garnish)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped (garnish)
- 1Cook the egg noodles in 1 quart boiling water until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain and toss with a small amount of toasted sesame oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- 2Have the stock heating in a pot.
- 3Heat a large wok over high heat. When the wok begins to smoke, add the peanut oil. Stir-fry the ginger and chile for less than 30 seconds. Add the chicken and let settle for 1 minute before stir-frying.
- 4As the chicken begins to brown, add the rice wine and stir-fry until the wine has almost evaporated. Carefully stir in the tofu. Then add in the mushrooms, bamboo shoots and the white parts of the napa cabbage, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 5Add the hot stock. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Season the soup with the soy sauce, black rice vinegar, salt and ground white pepper. Stir in the green parts of the napa cabbage and continue to simmer for 10 minutes, skimming off any foam that arises.
- 6Divide the noodles into 4 bowls. Ladle some of the soup over the noodles and garnish with scallions and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taiwanese Sour Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 866.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: