Chef TanyaW's Note:
This was printed in the newspaper and won honorable mention in the 1997 National Beef Cookoff. It is DELICIOUS!!! This is a terrific meat salad to serve guest in the summertime. It's also easy to prepare. Cooks Notes: Good Seasons Italian dressing is superior to most other italian dressings and the only Italian dressing I use (it's the kind you mix in a cruet with oil, water, and vinegar). Ginger may be frozen and grated as needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks (1-inch thick)
- 10 ounces mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Dressing or Marinade
- 1Combine dressing ingredients and mix until well blended.
- 2Cut steak in half lengthwise, then in 1/4 inch strips.
- 3Marinate beef in 2 T dressing for at least 10 minutes (I usually let it marinate a couple of hours, but I believe it will turn out fine with the original 10 minute suggestion).
- 4Combine greens and shredded carrots.
- 5Heat nonstick skillet to medium-high with 2 T dressing mixture.
- 6Cook beef 1/2 at a time 2-3 minutes until outside surface is no longer pink.
- 7Arrange beef on salad and sprinkle peanuts on top.
- 8Drizzle remaining dressing over salad, or allow diners to pour their own dressing.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taiwanese Beef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.4
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 763.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: