Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was printed in the newspaper and won honorable mention in the 1997 National Beef Cookoff. It is DELICIOUS!!! This is a terrific meat salad to serve guest in the summertime. It's also easy to prepare. Cooks Notes: Good Seasons Italian dressing is superior to most other italian dressings and the only Italian dressing I use (it's the kind you mix in a cruet with oil, water, and vinegar). Ginger may be frozen and grated as needed.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks (1-inch thick)
- 10 ounces mixed greens
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Dressing or Marinade
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing, see cook's note
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated (see cook's note)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp for less bite
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Cut steak in half lengthwise, then in 1/4 inch strips.
- Marinate beef in 2 T dressing for at least 10 minutes (I usually let it marinate a couple of hours, but I believe it will turn out fine with the original 10 minute suggestion).
- Combine greens and shredded carrots.
- Heat nonstick skillet to medium-high with 2 T dressing mixture.
- Cook beef 1/2 at a time 2-3 minutes until outside surface is no longer pink.
- Arrange beef on salad and sprinkle peanuts on top.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over salad, or allow diners to pour their own dressing.
This salad is terrific! So flavorful and so easy, ready in minutes. I made as directed with beef but I'm sure chicken, or even shrimp, would be great as well. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012