Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from my MIL.It is a great cold weather supper!
- 1 (4 -5 lb) pork roast
- 4 (3 1/4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped jalapenos (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (optional)
- Cut pork into approximately 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cook in large iron skillet over med-high heat until meat is light gray and feels rubbery when stirred,.
- Remove meat from skillet,leaving juice in skillet,add enough flour to make a roux and enough water to make a thick gravy.
- Put meat and gravy mixture into large pot,add chilis and enough water to cover stirring well,add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook slowly,covered, 1 1/2 hours on low heat,or until meat is tender.DO NOT overcook,may need to add more water, but shouldn't be watery.
- Serve over cooked rice or beans.Grated cheese and chopped onions are also good on top.
This is a yummy and great recipe. all the slicing and dicing is well worth the time. great for winter!