Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Courtesy of Chef Einat Admony of Taim Restaurant in NYC. One of the many ways I prepare this type of a salad, depending on my mood.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- Place carrots in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil, cooking until slightly tender but not overdone, approximately 15 minutes depending on the size of the carrots.
- Drain and place carrots in an ice-water bath until cool.
- Slice diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- In a large pan, sauté the carrot slices in olive oil until slightly brown, cooking them in small batches if your pan becomes crowded.
- Place carrots in a bowl, add the olive oil and the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- For best results, refrigerate overnight and serve at room temperature.
I cut the recipe in half and it was plenty for 2 people. Tastes perfect with Moroccan Chicken and rice.