Courtesy of Chef Einat Admony of Taim Restaurant in NYC. One of the many ways I prepare this type of a salad, depending on my mood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- 1Place carrots in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil, cooking until slightly tender but not overdone, approximately 15 minutes depending on the size of the carrots.
- 2Drain and place carrots in an ice-water bath until cool.
- 3Slice diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- 4In a large pan, sauté the carrot slices in olive oil until slightly brown, cooking them in small batches if your pan becomes crowded.
- 5Place carrots in a bowl, add the olive oil and the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- 6For best results, refrigerate overnight and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taim's Moroccan Carrot Salad (Not Spicy)
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 825.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar