Taimeiken Style Spaghetti Alle Vongole
- Rinse enoki mushrooms thoroughly and cut off bottoms of stems.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat, then add chopped garlic.
- Add clams and sake. Cover the pan with a lid and steam for about 3 minutes or until the clam shells open, which means the clams are cooked.
- Add enoki mushrooms and cook until they are softened. Add cooked spaghetti and soy sauce. Flavor with salt and pepper if needed. Mix all ingredients. Discard any clams that do not open during cooking.
- Transfer to serving bowls, garnish with green onions or shiso leaves.