Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I picked this recipe up tailgating with friends at one of the many Notre Dame games I've been to (thanks Adam and Alex, GO ND!!). It couldn't be easier. While waiting for the sauce to cook down, throw the football with your friends and have a few beers!!
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle cayenne or 1 (12 ounce) bottle hot sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 package cocktail franks (or hot dogs cut into chunks)
- Mix all ingredients together and simmer until liquids are reduced to a very thick sauce.
- Note: Very Spicy, but addictive!
- You will likely need more beer when eating these!
Everyone loved them, and so easy to make.
Tailgating is almost upon us so I had to give these a trial run. The guys we tailgate with like SPICY! I made the recipe with smoked sausage and for half of the hot sauce I used Tabasco Chipotle for a smoked flavor. We really liked this recipe and can't wait to bring it to our tailgate. DH wants to try with Guinness next time. Good and easy - thanks!