Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was adopted from Alton Brown on Food Network. Don't you know I would want a recipe with sugar when I'm diabetic, LOL. Don't let the habanero scare you--you can substitute with jalapeno, yellow, (even bell pepper) or just red chili flakes to fit your desire for hotness. It is a good recipe tho' and does deserve recognition.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- habanero pepper, finrly diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- tortilla chips
- 1 quart ice cream (optional)
- In saucepan, heat pineapple and hot pepper, sugar, and cinnamon; simmer 5 minutes.
- Take off heat--chill.
- Serve with tortilla chips (optional, can do over ice cream. Over ice cream is great if you make it hot, hot, hot.