Recipe by majorkwoods
This version uses frozen cream puffs instead of ice cream. The little cream and pastry gems work great partially frozen or just thawed.
- 4 bananas, sliced crosswise into nine bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 6 frozen cream puffs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place banana pieces in a non-stick side saute' pan on medium heat.
- Add butter.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat until combined and bubbling.
- CAREFULLY add rum.
- WITH CAUTION, flambe' if desired.
- Removed from burner to cool slightly.
- Transfer frozen cream puffs to individual serving bowl.
- Spoon 1/4 of bananas and sauce on top of cream puffs.
- Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.