Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use a good quality ranch dressing for this, it will really improve the taste of the sandwich. All ingredient amounts can be adjusted to suit taste. I like to warm the sandwiches slightly in the microwave just before serving to soften the bread and melt cheese. You can replace the ranch with any similar dressing/spread, Thousand Island dressing will work great with this see Kittencal's Thousand Island Dressing or see Creamy Garlic Dressing
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced (sliced lenghwise)
- softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (or to taste, I use Peppercorn-Ranch)
- lettuce leaf (or use shredded lettuce)
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced turkey breast (can use more)
- 7 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli ham (can use more)
- 4 slices swiss cheese (cut in half to make triangles)
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- black pepper
- 8 -10 slices cooked bacon (or use as much as desired)
- Spread softened butter on one side of the bread and ranch dressing on the other slice of bread (or use ranch on both sides if desired).
- Place lettuce leaves over the bottom of the bread that has the ranch dreesing over (use as much lettuce as desired).
- Top the lettuce with the turkey slices then American cheese slices then ham then then Swiss cheese triangles and then tomato slices, season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce leaves over tomatoes and then top with bacon slices.
- Cover with the top half of bread; press down slighty with hands to compact the sandwich.
- Secure with 8 long toothpicks and slice into 8 pieces (you should have a toothpick for each sandwich).
- You can cover sandwiches and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Grilled my bread, two halves, then added ranch. Used spinach instead of lettuce, may add black olive slices next time,
Made this for a church potluck today. I forgot to get tomatoes and only had provalone instead of swiss but they loved it. Thanks for a great sandwich.
WOW Kittencal! Super good sandwich. Total do-again! My family loved everything about them. Thanks for posting