Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use a good quality ranch dressing for this, it will really improve the taste of the sandwich. All ingredient amounts can be adjusted to suit taste. I like to warm the sandwiches slightly in the microwave just before serving to soften the bread and melt cheese. You can replace the ranch with any similar dressing/spread, Thousand Island dressing will work great with this see Kittencal's Thousand Island Dressing or see Creamy Garlic Dressing
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced (sliced lenghwise)
- softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (or to taste, I use Peppercorn-Ranch)
- lettuce leaf (or use shredded lettuce)
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced turkey breast (can use more)
- 7 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli ham (can use more)
- 4 slices swiss cheese (cut in half to make triangles)
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- black pepper
- 8 -10 slices cooked bacon (or use as much as desired)
- Spread softened butter on one side of the bread and ranch dressing on the other slice of bread (or use ranch on both sides if desired).
- Place lettuce leaves over the bottom of the bread that has the ranch dreesing over (use as much lettuce as desired).
- Top the lettuce with the turkey slices then American cheese slices then ham then then Swiss cheese triangles and then tomato slices, season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce leaves over tomatoes and then top with bacon slices.
- Cover with the top half of bread; press down slighty with hands to compact the sandwich.
- Secure with 8 long toothpicks and slice into 8 pieces (you should have a toothpick for each sandwich).
- You can cover sandwiches and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Made this for a church potluck today. I forgot to get tomatoes and only had provalone instead of swiss but they loved it. Thanks for a great sandwich.
WOW Kittencal! Super good sandwich. Total do-again! My family loved everything about them. Thanks for posting
Thanks Kitten for the great sandwich! We had this for dinner with tomato soup, and it sure is a filling sandwich. My SO could hardly finish the soup, after eating this yummy creation! I didn't have any swiss cheese, so I used all american. I'll be making this again! :)