Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you live in Texas, you've probably heard of the HEB grocery chain. They put out this neat little seasonal magazine that always has great recipes. Often it uses alot of their prepackaged ingredients but I'll keep things pretty general. You can make these with individual ciabatta loaves or a big loaf that you intend to cut into serving sizes
- 1 loaf artisan ciabatta (6-8 small loaves if you get the personal serving kind)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (or bruschetta)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces fully cooked lean meatballs (HEB sells them premade or cooked you just heat them up)
- 2 medium tomatoes, thin sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- If need be, prepare bread according to instructions. You can purchase the premade kind which certainly is easier, or the frozen kind and bake it yourself.
- Heat meatballs according to instructions, or if you're making them from scratch make sure they are prepared and cooked ahead of time.
- Slice bread in half and brush each side with tomato sauce (or bruschetta).
- Slice meatballs in half and arrange on bottom half of bread.
- Sprinkle a good pinch of cheese over meatballs and top with a few tomato slices and romaine leaves.
- Secure with toothpicks if need be.