Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Awesome sammies for any occasion----lunch, dinner, or hearty appetizer. I make these for dinner and serve with soup, but boy would these go over at a U of M tailgate!! Recipe from Caryn Ross and T.O.H. mag.
- 12 hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 1 lb black forest ham, shaved
- 12 ounces gruyere or 12 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- Arrange bottom of rolls in a greased 9x13 dish. Layer with ham and cheese. Spread each top roll with cream cheese and place on top of sandwiches.
- In small bowl, combine butter, worcestershire, parm cheese and onion. Spoon over sandwiches. Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350. for 25 minutes.
Thank you "Prayztwice" for posting this Hawaiian Roll Tailgater Slider Sandwich recipe! My good friend brings them to meetings and get-togethers in the fall and winter... Everyone LOVES them! Tonight we were watching football two nights after Thanksgiving, and I had a craving for these tasty little sandwiches, and wanted to share them with my mother who is visiting. I am so impressed with Food.com that I am going to become an active 'member', and I thought I'd write my first review and post some photos of these Tailgater Sandwiches! I hope you like the photos!<br/><br/>I gave the recipe 5 stars because the recipe was perfect and they taste so good. I didn't have the chive cream cheese, so I used regular soft cream cheese and sprinkled onion powder on it. I used pepperoncini as a tasty side, and I actually pulled out our cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving which was yummy together!