Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Travels well when packed in a cooler.
Make and share this Tailgate Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb small sweet potato
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated yellow onions
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- Let oven preheat to 400°.
- Prick the sweet potatoes in several places, using a fork (do not peel).
- Bake for about 30 minutes or just until tender (cooking time will depend of the size of the potatoes).
- Let cool completely and cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
- In a saucepan (big enough to accomodate the potatoes without crowding), add yukon gold potatoes, water to cover, and 1 teaspoon salt per quart of water.
- Cover partially and bring to a boil; cook about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced.
- Drain the potatoes in a collander; return potatoes to the warm saucepan and toss them over low heat to dry them.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Cook the butternut squash cubes in boiling water to cover for about 5 minutes or just until tender; drain well.
- To make the dressing (can be done while the potatoes are cooking): in a mixing bowl, add the sugar, dry mustard, and salt; stir to combine.
- Stir in the onion and 2 tablespoons cider vinegar; mix until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the oil and remaining vinegar.
- Add in the celery seed and blend well.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the Yukon Gold potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, and parsley.
- Add the cranberries, onion, and walnuts; pour the dressing over all.
- Mix gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.