Travels well when packed in a cooler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb small sweet potato
- 1 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1Let oven preheat to 400°.
- 2Prick the sweet potatoes in several places, using a fork (do not peel).
- 3Bake for about 30 minutes or just until tender (cooking time will depend of the size of the potatoes).
- 4Let cool completely and cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
- 5In a saucepan (big enough to accomodate the potatoes without crowding), add yukon gold potatoes, water to cover, and 1 teaspoon salt per quart of water.
- 6Cover partially and bring to a boil; cook about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced.
- 7Drain the potatoes in a collander; return potatoes to the warm saucepan and toss them over low heat to dry them.
- 8When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
- 9Cook the butternut squash cubes in boiling water to cover for about 5 minutes or just until tender; drain well.
- 10To make the dressing (can be done while the potatoes are cooking): in a mixing bowl, add the sugar, dry mustard, and salt; stir to combine.
- 11Stir in the onion and 2 tablespoons cider vinegar; mix until smooth.
- 12Gradually beat in the oil and remaining vinegar.
- 13Add in the celery seed and blend well.
- 14In a large bowl, gently mix the Yukon Gold potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, and parsley.
- 15Add the cranberries, onion, and walnuts; pour the dressing over all.
- 16Mix gently to coat.
- 17Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 18Bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tailgate Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.1
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 224.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g