Recipe by Annacia
Great to serve with a Breakfast/Brunch crowd or during sports season to take the chill off! For a nice touch,when it's tailgate time, serve the coffee with a cinnamon stick in each mug...:)
- 4 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 cinnamon stick, 3-inch piece
- 2⁄3 cup ground coffee (Dark Roast)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine the water, molasses and cinnamon stick, and bring to a boil.
- Add the coffee, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Strain through a coffee filter into a carafe or large pitcher (or you can now transfer it into a large thermos if using the coffee to take to a sports game).
- In a small saucepan, warm the condensed milk over low heat.
- Stir into the coffee.