Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Great to serve with a Breakfast/Brunch crowd or during sports season to take the chill off! For a nice touch,when it's tailgate time, serve the coffee with a cinnamon stick in each mug...:)
- 4 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 cinnamon stick, 3-inch piece
- 2⁄3 cup ground coffee (Dark Roast)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- In a large pot, combine the water, molasses and cinnamon stick, and bring to a boil.
- Add the coffee, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Strain through a coffee filter into a carafe or large pitcher (or you can now transfer it into a large thermos if using the coffee to take to a sports game).
- In a small saucepan, warm the condensed milk over low heat.
- Stir into the coffee.
Not giving stars because I don't want to pull down the ranking, but this just wasn't for us. It was drinkable, but not something I'd make again.
I made this for my boyfriend and his words were "highly drinkable." He loved it and said it was a very strong drink, the kind that could go on its own without a snack. Thanks for the recipe, I will definitely be using it again!
Wow! Another wonderful coffee from My Favourite Coffee Queen. This was an amazing cuppa Annacia. A nice big cup of sweet, thick, rich, creamy, smooth, flavorful coffee. I love the addition of the molasses, it takes the coffee somewhere special and blends beautifully with the subtle cinnamon stick. The rich robust flavor it imparts can't be beat. I garnished the coffee with a little whip cream and ground cinnamon. Thanks for sharing.