Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Your doggies will love you for this one!! Simple ingredients, simple recipe, but they'll be beggin' for more!
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped vegetables (I use broccoli, carrot, onion, celery, green or red pepper)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup flour (I use regular)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (approximate)
- Mix cheese, oil, and applesauce together.
- Add veggies, garlic, and flour, and combine thoroughly.
- Add just enough milk to form a ball (about 1/4 c).
- Cover and chill for half an hour.
- Roll onto floured surface to 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut into shapes.
- Bake on cookie sheet in preheated 375 degree oven for 15 min.
- ,or until golden brown.
really great, I just wouldn't put any onion or garlic in this, very bad for dogs
OK, so garlic CAN be toxic to dogs. However, it has positive benefits such as being a flea repellent. You should check with your vet first. Onions shouldn't be given to dogs. So, I made this with a carrot and no garlic (made a different treat today with garlic)...Charlie (my pup) loved it! It was for his birthday, so he got to lick the spoon and bowl. I think he'll help me in the kitchen more often now :). He gives it 5 stars and I also give it 5 stars for it's ease in making!!! Thanks!!!
just FYI, onions, which you mentioned in your recipe, are toxic to dogs. They contain thiosulphate, which cause the dog's red blood cells to burst. I would recommend trying this recipe with another vegetable, and I intend to try it myself, just not with onions!