- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked oats
- 1⁄3 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients and make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- Whisk together the broth, oil and 1 egg. Add to dry ingredients. Whisk until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into dogbone shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Whisk together remaining egg and Worcestershire sauce. Brush on cookies.
- Bake at 300º for 2 hours. Turn oven off and let cookies stand in the oven with the door closed for 2 more hours.