Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spicy and creamy without being overly sweet. I used 2 tbsp. curry paste and I think 4 Thai chiles and it was moderately spicy. That might be too hot for some, so cut back if you don't want it to be hot. I served this with "Thai Marinated Pork with Dipping Sauce- recipe 81667" and "Poat Dot - Cambodian Grilled Corn recipe 38475" and it made a wonderful dinner. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 29.58 ml cooking oil
- 382.71 g can light coconut milk
- 14.79-29.58 ml red curry paste
- 1 lime
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 3 firm bananas (they can be slightly green)
- 3-4 Thai red chili peppers, sliced
- 29.58 ml chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat oil.
- Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned on the outside.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, juice of the lime, fish sauce, and brown sugar to pan, stirring to mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice bananas into chunks and stir in with the potatoes.
- Cook over low heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through and bananas have softened but are still intact.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced chilli peppers before serving.
- Serve hot.
Excellent flavors, and really easy to make. I used semi-ripe plantains instead of bananas. Delicious!