1/1 Photo of Tahitian Sweet Potatoes With Fei (bananas)
Sue Lau's Note:
Spicy and creamy without being overly sweet. I used 2 tbsp. curry paste and I think 4 Thai chiles and it was moderately spicy. That might be too hot for some, so cut back if you don't want it to be hot. I served this with "Thai Marinated Pork with Dipping Sauce- recipe 81667" and "Poat Dot - Cambodian Grilled Corn recipe 38475" and it made a wonderful dinner. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil.
- 2Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned on the outside.
- 3Add coconut milk, curry paste, juice of the lime, fish sauce, and brown sugar to pan, stirring to mix well.
- 4Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5Peel and slice bananas into chunks and stir in with the potatoes.
- 6Cook over low heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through and bananas have softened but are still intact.
- 7Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced chilli peppers before serving.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tahitian Sweet Potatoes With Fei (bananas)
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 271.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
red curry paste