Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A party in a bowl. An excellent punch, not overly sweet. From the French site O Delices. A serious cocktail.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white rum
- 750 ml dark rum
- 2 1⁄2 cups Grand Marnier
- 3 quarts orange juice
- 3 quarts pineapple juice
- 2 limes
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 1⁄2 cups simple syrup
- Mix all the liquids together.
- Halve the bvanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the mixtures.
- Quarter the limes and them to the mixture.
- Chill for at least 6 hours to allow the flavors to ripen.
Love the vanilla in this punch! Did not add the syrup, suppose my juices were sweet enough.
Yummy good punch! Cut down the recipe to 5 serving. Used triple sec in place of the Grand Marnier. 4 Fresh oranges was juiced. Not crazy about extra sweet so I didn't use the simple syrup. Did add ice water replacing the syrup. For those that do make the simple syrup in this recipe do add the sliced vanilla bean to release the flavor and fragrance. Thanks!