Recipe by Manami
A fun dessert or after-dinner treat! Found this on the Pepperidge Cookie web site. I happen to love all their cookies and these are new cookies (new to me at least) and I thought they made for a nice parfait.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced (2 cups)
- 8 Pepperidge Farm Tahiti cookies, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate fudge ice cream, sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Add the bananas.
- Cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until the sugar caramelizes.
- Set aside.
- Beat the cream, vanilla and remaining sugar in a large bowl with mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Layer in each of 4 parfait glasses: 1/4 cup whipped cream, 2 tablespoons cookies, 1/2 cup bananas, 1 tablespoon coconut, 1 tablespoon nuts, 2 tablespoons cookies, 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce, 1/4 cup whipped cream and 2 teaspoons coconut.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!