Recipe by MsPia
I got this recipe in Hawaii at the Polynesian Center. They were giving samples away and it was delicious. I haven't make it yet and the baking instructions are not very good (it doesn't mention a baking pan), but I will try it and see what happens.
Top Review by Scarrr
So glad this recipe was posted. Just got back from Bora Bora where I had some and wanted the recipe. This is perfect, I made only two changes. Instead of just water I used the coconut milk from the fresh coconut and I cut the sugar down to 1/2 cup. So easy (after you get the fresh coconut out of the shell)!
- 2 cups fresh coconut, grated
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut, sugar and water.
- Blend flour and baking powder together.
- Mix all ingredients to a doughy texture adding a little flour as needed so is not too sticky.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake in oven at 350 for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.
- Makes 5 loaves.