Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve with a salad.
- 12 chicken pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups long-grain rice
- seasoned flour
- 6 ounces orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 quart water
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour and brown in shortening.
- Spread rice in the bottom of a roasting pan and arrange chicken pieces on top.
- Combine juice, pineapple, soy sauce, butter, ginger, and water in saucepan.
- Heat until butter is melted and all ingredients combined.
- Pour over chicken. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 15 minutes.