1/2 Photos of Tahitian Chicken
Baked Chicken pieces combine with pineapple and orange soy sauce... a delicious taste of the islands!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cups cooked rice or 4 cups cooked ramen noodles
- 1Arrange chicken in a single layer in ungreased 13"x9" baken pan or dutch oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2Combine soy sauce,ginger, onion, garlic, brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, and orange juice; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- 3Preheat oven to 350. Turn chicken and bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake 20 to 25 minutes more, until golden or juices run clear or thigh pieces cook to 160 with meat thermometer.
- 4Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- 5Skim fat from pan drippings. In a medium saucepan, combine cornstarch and water with pan juices; heat until thick and bubbly. Add pineapple and oranges and warm through; pour sauce and fruit over chicken. Serve with cooked rice or ramen noodles.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tahitian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 621.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: