Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Baked Chicken pieces combine with pineapple and orange soy sauce... a delicious taste of the islands!
- 2 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cups cooked rice or 4 cups cooked ramen noodles
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in ungreased 13"x9" baken pan or dutch oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Combine soy sauce,ginger, onion, garlic, brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, and orange juice; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Turn chicken and bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake 20 to 25 minutes more, until golden or juices run clear or thigh pieces cook to 160 with meat thermometer.
- Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan drippings. In a medium saucepan, combine cornstarch and water with pan juices; heat until thick and bubbly. Add pineapple and oranges and warm through; pour sauce and fruit over chicken. Serve with cooked rice or ramen noodles.