Recipe by Mia in Germany
Tahitian fruit pudding. Posted for ZWT 7. Cooking time does not include chilling time!
- 2 kiwi fruits, fresh
- 1 pineapple, fresh
- 1 orange, fresh
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1⁄2 orange, peel of
- 1⁄2 lemon, peel of
- 1⁄2 cup orange, juice
- 1⁄2 cup grapefruit, juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and thinly slice pineapple. Peel and quarter kiwis, remove white parts and cut green parts into small cubes.
- Peel and filet orange, keeping the juice.
- Mix fruits with sugar, rum, orange and lemon peel, set aside.
- Mix 5 tablespoons of fruit juice with starch, heat rest of the juice and stir in the dissolved starch.
- Bring to a light boil, add fruits and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour into 4 serving bowls, let cool and chill for 3 hours.
- Serve with desired garnish.