Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is ripped off almost directly from this site: http://delightfulrepast.blogspot.com/2011/01/tahini-cookies.html I'm putting it here because otherwise every time I want to make it, I spend half an hour googling it. These are good, but not addictive, which is so rare for cookies.
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup tahini (unsalted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, ginger and salt.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in tahini, then eggs, vanilla, and orange extract. Stir in flour mixture. Place in refrigerator for a bit while the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls and press flat on cookie sheets lined with parchment, or arrange as for peanut butter cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container.