Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tahini is ground sesame seed paste found in many Middle Eastern dishes. This tahini sauce recipe thins the sesame paste down, and makes it a perfect condiment or dipping sauce for Middle Eastern wraps, pitas, and my favorite, falafel!
- 118.29 ml tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- In a mortar and pestle, combine garlic and tahini and mix well
- Add kosher salt.
- (Or finely chop the garlic, and then mix well with the tahini and salt).
- Add olive oil and lemon juice. If the sauce looks too thick, add a teaspoon or two of warm water until desired consistency.
- Mix in parsley, if using. (Cilantro would be nice too).
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Will keep for 2 weeks.