1/2 Photos of Tahini Pasta
White Rose Child's Note:
This was invented and handed down by vegan friends- it's their response to macaroni and cheese. I've perfected the flavors, for my own liking anyway. Be sure to serve with a vinaigrette and lots of salad. It's an easy, creamy, satisfying staple. Mmmmm.
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup macaroni (try rotini, corkscrews, alphabets...I like to use rice noodles) or 2/3 cup other shaped pasta (try rotini, corkscrews, alphabets...I like to use rice noodles)
- 1 tablespoon tahini (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup tomato juice (I use V8)
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (optional)
- vinaigrette dressing, to serve, see note below
- garden salad, to serve (be sure it has lots of juicy tomatoes!)
- 1Cook the pasta to al dente. Drain well.
- 2Reduce heat to low and add the tomato juice, tahini, Bragg's, vinegar and garlic if using. Mix well and partially cover for a minute, to let everything heat up.
- 3The serving is very important: Scoop onto a plate, and drizzle a little vinaigrette on the pasta. Then heap salad on top of the pasta and add more vinaigrette.
- 4Shamelessly devour!
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tahini Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos