This tastes similar to the brand, "Annie's Natural Goddess Dressing." It's also great for chicken and just about anything else you can dip into it. Try it as a sandwich spread. NOTE: The recipe can be adjusted to your own taste preferences; more or less garlic or onions, etc., until you find the perfect combination of tastes to suit your family. This recipe is a good foundation recipe. NOTE 2: When using the food processor, don't blend too long which incorporates air, making the dressing very thick. Just add a little water to thin it out.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (plain) or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame oil (Not plain sesame oil)
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 small green onions (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (shoyu if available)
- plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (toast them first if desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine everything in a blender, immersion blender, or food processor. Do not blend for longer than necessary or it will get too thick.
- Taste, (dip a leaf or cracker) to adjust flavors. If too thick add water, a tablespoon at a time, until it's the consistency you prefer.
- Add a teaspoon more vinegar or soy for a stronger flavor.
- A teaspoon more toasted sesame oil will add a "richer" flavor.
- Store in the fridge in a jar with a tight fitting lid.