Recipe by Engrossed
From: "Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa" by Habeeb Salloum. From Yemen. This can be served as a dip or a salad.
Top Review by queenbeatrice
I had this on a toasted bagel and really enjoyed it. The garlic really comes through in this recipe. I halved this recipe and followed instructions as listed and I had enough letf over for a sandwich for my lunch. Great recipe, thanks for sharing. Made for KIttencal's Forum Recipe Tag Game.
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tahini and lemon juice in a blender and blend for a few moments, then transfer to a bowl. (I would use an immersion blender here.).
- Add garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, and water and stir gently until well mixed.
- Place on a platter, sprinkle with paprika and serve.