Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Jordan Maerin’s cookbook, Raw Foods for Busy People. She says, “Tahini makes a deliciously rich dressing for salads.” I so agree!
- 2⁄3 cup tahini, at room temperature if not using a blender
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 dates, pitted (optional)
- If using a blender, blend ingredients until super smooth; otherwise, whisk until as smooth as your workout takes you!
This was delicious over Bell Pepper Salad. I meant to half the recipe but it turned out very watery, so I think I used the full amount of water. What to do? I added more tahini to make up the difference. It was still liquidy but worked great in the salad. I also didn't have a date, so added a spoonful of honey. I will make this again, thanks!