Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great change of pace using leftover chicken. From Prevention's Quick & Healthy Family Favorites Cookbook. Can also be served over couscous.
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Bring the broth to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk in tahini, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and hot-pepper sauce until smooth.
- Stir in the chicken and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
DH loved it! I like a little more flavor/spice - but I did a mix of chicken and shrimp for a dish he really enjoyed.
I liked it, my husband adored it. I was expecting it to be more flavorful than it was... I ended up adding more ginger and a rather large dash of Tony Chachere's seasoning mix. It was okay, not sure I'll do it again, but hubby might add it to his repertoire if he really liked it as much as he claims.