Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
A Turkish bread that kind of looks like a cinnamon roll. Making for Zaar tour 6. instires from Binnurs Turkish cookbook; boy is it awesome.
- Proof yeast in 1/8 cup warm water (I add 1 Tablespoon honey).
- Add sugar, scalded milk, and butter.
- Add flour; knead 5 minutes.
- Let rise until doubled; punch down; cut into 5 equal pieces.
- Roll out each piece until they are a thin round shape.
- While dough is rising, make filling by mixing tahini and sugar together.
- Spread the filling on each round equally.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Let rest, covered with a damp cloth, for 30 minutes.
- Hold them at both ends of the roll and swing them to make them longer and thinner (That's what the recipe says.).
- Wrap them like a cinnamon roll.
- Place parchment paper on an oven tray; arrange dough on it.
- Brush with egg wash; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Let rest 10 more minutes (I am guessing until doubled).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Great! I made it with gluten free flour so the dough wasn't elastic enough to do the swinging before rolling into cinnamon roll shape, so I just carefully rolled it :D The tahini filling is excellent. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT6 NA*ME for the Unrulies Under The Influence.