Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had no peanut butter to make traditional no-cook peanut butter balls and came up with this NA*ME-inspired recipe using what I had on hand: tahini and almond butter. The amount of ingredients is estimated. Some oats are gluten-free and I know that Bob's Red Mills' oats are.
- 118.29 ml tahini
- 118.29 ml almond butter
- 1.23 ml ground cardamom
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml honey or 29.58 ml Agave, to taste
- 14.79 ml pomegranate molasses
- 14.79 ml date syrup
- 118.29 ml oats
- 5 dried dates, pitted and cut into very small pieces
- 44.37 ml finely ground walnuts (can substitute almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts)
- 4.92 ml orange blossom water
- grated coconut, to roll
- Place all ingredients *except* coconut in a bowl and stir together to mix well.
- Place the grated coconut in a flat plate.
- Roll the mixture into balls (about the size of a walnut.).
- Roll the balls in the grated coconut.
- Place the balls on a serving platter, cover and refrigerate until firm.