I had no peanut butter to make traditional no-cook peanut butter balls and came up with this NA*ME-inspired recipe using what I had on hand: tahini and almond butter. The amount of ingredients is estimated. Some oats are gluten-free and I know that Bob's Red Mills' oats are.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons Agave, to taste
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 1/2 cup oats
- 5 dried dates, pitted and cut into very small pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely ground walnuts (can substitute almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts)
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- grated coconut, to roll
- 1Place all ingredients *except* coconut in a bowl and stir together to mix well.
- 2Place the grated coconut in a flat plate.
- 3Roll the mixture into balls (about the size of a walnut.).
- 4Roll the balls in the grated coconut.
- 5Place the balls on a serving platter, cover and refrigerate until firm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tahini and Almond Balls (Vegan Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange blossom water