Recipe by COOKGIRl
I had no peanut butter to make traditional no-cook peanut butter balls and came up with this NA*ME-inspired recipe using what I had on hand: tahini and almond butter. The amount of ingredients is estimated. Some oats are gluten-free and I know that Bob's Red Mills' oats are.
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons Agave, to taste
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 5 dried dates, pitted and cut into very small pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely ground walnuts (can substitute almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts)
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- grated coconut, to roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients *except* coconut in a bowl and stir together to mix well.
- Place the grated coconut in a flat plate.
- Roll the mixture into balls (about the size of a walnut.).
- Roll the balls in the grated coconut.
- Place the balls on a serving platter, cover and refrigerate until firm.