Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dip can be used as an appetizer, dip, a first course or a salad dressing. This recipe makes a thick version, but can be thinned with water to the desired consistency.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sesame paste
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Place sesame paste in blender goblet.
- On low, slowly add water and lemon juice.
- When mixture resembles mayonnaise, add remaining ingredients and blend well*A pretty way to serve Tahinah is to spread it on a plate, then swirl with a knife to create a circle design.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or paprika.
- Serve as a dip with raw vegies or with pita bread.
I haven't actually cooked this one, but it is a very nice dip that shouldn't be missed when you make "meze" (Cyprus/Greece). When I was in Cyprus there wasn't a meal without it. Only instead of paprika they always used parsley. Worth trying, if you get the paste.