Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
from remi resteraunt in nyc, courtesy of the NY Times. this dish pairs well with a nice glass of pinot grigio.
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus oil for baking dish,optional
- 2 heads radicchio, 10 to 12 ounces,cored and shredded
- 24 medium shrimp, shelled,deveined and cut in two lengthwise
- 12 ounces fresh tagliolini
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta.
- Place stocks and wine in a small saucepan, and reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet.
- Add radicchio, and sauté over medium heat, stirring, until it wilts.
- Add shrimp, and cook a minute or two, until radicchio is tender and shrimp just turn pink.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tagliolini to boiling water, and cook about 3 minutes.
- Drain, reserving about a half cup cooking water.
- Transfer pasta to skillet with radicchio and shrimp.
- Add butter and reduced stock mixture, return to heat, cook and toss a few minutes more.
- Moisten with cooking water if needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add parsley.
- Serve at once with grated cheese on top or transfer to an oiled baking dish and dust with cheese.
- Lightly brown under preheated broiler.