Recipe by Sonja (South Africa)
This is so simple and yet so impressive. I love to spoil my DH every so often and he loves caviar. Serve with ice-cold Champagne and lots of love.
- 400 g tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup black caviar or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup lumpfish caviar
- 1 cup cooked shrimp or 1 cup prawns
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta till al dente, drain and toss in a little olive oil and place in a warmed serving dish.
- Melt the butter and add the cream, heat until just boiling.
- Add the caviar and stir.
- Warm through for about one minute.
- Add the cooked prawns or shrimp and warm through.
- Add the sauce to the pasta, sprinkle over the black pepper and grated parmesan to taste.
- Serve with a simple green salad.