Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A famous dish from an Italian restaurant in Sydney, Lucios.
- 2 (400 g) cans whole canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 500 g tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 320 g veal fillets, cut into thin strips
- fresh parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook tomatoes in a large pot over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in herbs and season to taste.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in pan.
- Add garlic, veal and pepper to taste and fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add tomato sauce and pasta.
- Toss well and check seasonings.