Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very presentable pasta dish. It is important to make the sauce just before serving. Did you know that the flat-ribbon shape of this type of pasta known as "Tagliatelle" is perfect with rich creamy sauces. it must be served with smoked salmon or fish if you really want to enjoy it!
- 250 g tagliatelle pasta noodles, cooked in salted boiling water until done
- 8 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground basil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup stock
- 130 ml cream
- 75 g butter
- black pepper
- Drop tomatoes in boiling water.
- Leave them in for 2 minutes.
- Then remove from the pot.
- Remove the skin and seeds.
- Chop them.
- Heat butter in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Saute the finely chopped shallots and garlic in the butter until soft.
- Add the basil, tomatoes and cream.
- When the mixture is hot, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over hot tagliatelle.